The HeartSaver CPR Course is suitable for the general public and is appropriate for anyone who may not have any experience of performing CPR.
If you have any injuries or medical issues that you may be concerned about please discuss them with the course coordinator prior to attending the course as you will be required to complete all elements including the practical skills assessments in order to receive a course completion card (where one is available for the course).
The HeartSaver CPR Course is video-based and recognised by the Irish Heart Foundation and the American Heart Association. Phoenix STS is registered with the Irish Heart Foundation as an approved training site. We also offer HeartSaver AED Courses.
We also offer Public HeartSaver CPR Training Courses in our training centre in Longford.
The aim of the course is to provide the learner with the relevant knowledge and skills to deliver life-saving techniques in an emergency related to sudden cardiac arrest
- Participants who have completed this course will have a good understanding of providing emergency First Aid
- Identifying and treating a victim of sudden cardiac arrest by providing CPR
- Treating a victim of choking to Irish Heart Foundation and American Heart Association guidelines
Who Should Attend This Course?
Employees or anyone who requires a basic understanding of first aid and what procedures to follow in emergency situations
- English is the language in which training is delivered and learners must have fluency in English
- Learners should be physically fit to carry out chest compressions on a mannequin when kneeling
- Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Use of Mask-Adult/Child
- Introduction Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Infant CPR
- Use of Mask-Infant
- Infant Choking
- Phoning for help
All our tutors hold a minimum QQI Level 8 in their subject matter, a Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 or higher and experienced CPR and AED instructors
The course is facilitated by an instructor who will guide you through the course with an interactive DVD that allows you to Practice-While-Watching
- During the course, learners will be continually assessed by the instructor. In the final assessment, learners will be presented with a complete CPR scenario which they must respond to.
- The learner must complete all necessary steps to complete the course successfully
- Upon successfully completing the Heartsaver CPR Course, learners will receive an Irish Heart Foundation/American Heart Association Certification (Recognised Internationally)
- The certificate will be valid for two (2) years
- Maximum Number of Learners
- As the Heartsaver CPR Course is predominantly skill-based, it is limited to 6 learners
With a maximum of 6 learners, the course duration is approximately 2 ½ to 3 hours