Healthcare Evacuation Aid Training Course
The Healthcare Evacuation Aid Training course is for frontline staff who have a key role to play, as they are often the first people responding to an emergency. The safe evacuation of a person is dependent on the knowledge, skill, and ability of staff conducting an evacuation.
Each learner will get practical experience in the use of evacuation aids in a controlled environment. All training is conducted using our own equipment, this ensures that your equipment is not damaged and is readily available for use if required in an emergency. A rescue training mannequin is used to simulate evacuation conditions. Staff should never be put on an evacuation device for the purposes of training.
The evacuation of residents when a fire occurs is the responsibility of staff and not the Fire and Rescue Service, the role of which is to tackle the fire, and rescue residents only if the predefined evacuation strategy has failed. The requirements to manage evacuation are set out in the Fire Services Act 1981 as amended 2003
The course is designed to be delivered over a full day or half-day, the full-day program can train up to 50 staff each training session lasting 60 minutes for a maximum of 10 learners practising with one evacuation aid.
Anyone responsible for assisting a person to evacuate a building as part of a predetermined evacuation plan.
- English is the language in which training is delivered, and learners must have fluency in English
- Staff should have completed a People Moving and Handling Course prior to attending this training
- Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements
- Introduction, description and limitations of on-site evacuation aids
- Safety considerations
- Method of use
- Safety requirements prior to, during and after use
- Practical use of evacuation aids (timed fire drills)
All our tutors hold a minimum QQI Level 8 in their subject matter, a Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 or higher and are also Evacuation Aid Instructors. The tutor working with your staff is experienced in healthcare fire safety and will detail all the essential duties and roles of staff within a residential care setting.
Demonstration and Practice
Learners will be required to safely remove our training mannequin to a place of safety using an evacuation aid
1 Year Phoenix STS Certification
10 learners per training session
- 3 x 1-hour training sessions (Half-day)
- 5 x 1-hour training sessions (Full-day)