This one-day the First-Aid & Heartsaver AED Course is designed to give knowledge to the learner on applying first aid in an emergency within the workplace. First aid and CPR skills are essential at home and at work, they make all the difference. covers a comprehensive range of topics to prepare learners to administer First Aid Care in the workplace. The course gives learners the skills and knowledge to provide emergency lifesaving treatments in common emergency situations the course also includes the HeartSaver AED Course. Phoenix STS is an Irish Heart Foundation affiliated Training Site.
The First-Aid & Heartsaver AED Course is designed to give knowledge to the learner on applying first aid in an emergency within the workplace. First aid and CPR skills are essential at home and at work, they make all the difference. builds on the CPR / AED course and is for individuals who are looking for an overview of First Aid & CPR for the workplace. Learn to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies for adults, other topics such as choking, airway and breathing emergencies and prevention of disease transmission.
If you have any injuries or medical issues that you may be concerned about please discuss them with the course coordinator prior to attending the course as you will be required to complete all elements including the practical skills assessments in order to receive a course completion card (where one is available for the course).
- Preserve life
- Prevent illness or injury from becoming worse
- Relieve pain, if possible
- Promote recovery
- Protect the unconscious
- Learners will be able to confidently deal with an emergency first aid situation
- Learners will be able to administer appropriate first aid treatment
- Learners will be able to know what to do & what not to do in the event of an emergency
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone looking for or needing a knowledge of the basics of First Aid
- English is the language in which training is delivered, and learners must have fluency in English
- Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Optional modules in Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
All our tutors hold a minimum QQI Level 8 in their subject matter, a Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 or higher and are experienced instructors
The course is facilitated by an instructor who will guide you through the course with an interactive DVD that allows you to Practice-While-Watching
During the course, learners will be continually assessed by the instructor. In the final assessment, learners will be presented with a complete First Aid, CPR & AED scenario which they must respond to. The learner must complete all necessary steps to complete the course successfully.
2 Years American Heart Association Certification (Recognised Internationally)
Maximum Number of Learners