Welcome to Phoenix Safety Training Services, a leading authority in fire safety for Ireland’s nursing home sector. Our Nursing Home Fire Safety Manager course is meticulously crafted to address the unique challenges faced by Irish residential care facilities. Step into the crucial role of a Nursing Home Fire Safety Manager with our comprehensive course. The Nursing Home Fire Safety Manager course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to handle all fire safety matters within a nursing home. You don’t need prior fire safety competencies, as you’ll have access to expert advice from a Fire Safety Engineer.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Ireland-Specific Focus: Tailored training that understands and addresses Irish nursing home’s specific fire safety needs.
- Regulation Compliance: Aligning with Ireland’s HIQA standards, our course is up to date with the latest fire safety regulations, ensuring your facility remains compliant.
- Practical Training: Emphasising practical skills, our course ensures staff in nursing homes are well-prepared for real-world scenarios.
Course Relevance to HIQA Regulations
Our course will empower you to perform your role competently, backed by robust support structures. Our course aligns with the “Fire Safety Handbook A Guide For Providers and Staff of Designated Centres” published by HIQA on 18 Sep 2023.
Importance of Staff Training in Fire Safety
The knowledge and training of staff in reducing fire risks and implementing fire procedures are vital for the safety of everyone in the nursing home. Daily awareness of fire safety measures is as crucial as emergency training. Through our course, we ensure that staff are well-versed in fire prevention and evacuation processes, significantly reducing the risk of fatal incidents in the nursing home.
Comprehensive Emergency Management Systems
Our Nursing Home Emergency Management Systems cover all facets of fire safety, health & safety, and emergency management in nursing homes. We believe in a tailored approach to ensure your staff are prepared to handle emergencies effectively.
Authorised Training Provider
Course Aims and Objectives
- Empowerment in Fire Safety Management: Equip individuals for the Fire Safety Manager and Deputy roles in nursing homes.
- Enhanced Safety Protocols: Train staff to effectively ensure the safety of residents, staff, and visitors, with a strong emphasis on fire prevention.
- Skills Development: Provide essential skills for safe evacuation and managing fire safety procedures.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure adherence to Regulation 28 Fire Safety (HIQA), maintaining up-to-date fire safety practices.
- Registered Providers.
- Persons in Charge (Fire Safety Manager).
- Clinical Nurse Managers.
- Staff Nurses.
- Senior Care Assistants.
- Maintenance Managers.
- Health and Safety Managers.
- Training, Quality, Accreditation, and Risk Managers.
- Human Resources Managers.
Fluency in English.
- Legislation and Standards Compliance: In-depth understanding of Irish Fire and Safety Legislation, Health Act 2007 regulations, and HIQA standards.
- Fire Safety Management: Focus on roles and responsibilities, including HIQA Fire Compliance Inspection and emergency management systems.
- Risk Assessment and Prevention: Detailed study of fire risk assessment (PAS 79: 2020) and fire prevention techniques.
- Practical Fire Safety Skills: Training on fire detection systems, use of fire extinguishers, and understanding fire chemistry and spread.
- Emergency Response and Evacuation: Procedures for different types of evacuation, practice drills, and use of evacuation equipment.
- Additional Skills: Training in fire safety with oxygen, understanding fire doors and compartmentation, and actions to assist the fire brigade
Phoenix STS’s team comprises seasoned tutors experienced in delivering fire safety training in healthcare settings. They are affiliated with professional bodies such as NAHFO, IFE, IOSH, IIESMS, IIRSM, IHEEM, and L&DI, ensuring up-to-date, comprehensive knowledge.
Tutor Expertise Includes:
- Comprehensive understanding of legislation and emergency management.
- Development and implementation of Fire Safety Policies and Emergency Response Plans.
- Liaising with key safety personnel and departments.
- In-depth knowledge of fire safety features and evacuation needs.
- Effective management of fire safety training and system monitoring.
PowerPoint presentation followed by question-and-answer sessions with workshops.
Assessment and Certification
- Practical Workshops: Participants engage in hands-on workshops to demonstrate their capabilities as Fire Safety Managers.
- Certification: Successful learners receive the esteemed Phoenix STS Training certificate.
- Ongoing Proficiency: We advise refresher training every three years or upon the introduction of new fire safety systems in the workplace.
Maximum Number of Learners
To ensure active engagement, the course is limited to 20 learners.
- Two-Day Comprehensive Training: The course spans over two days, offering an immersive learning experience.
- Flexible Delivery Options: Available on-site for nursing home groups or as a public course, catering to diverse needs.