The Paediatric First Aid & Heartsaver AED Course is training is essential for parents, childcare professionals and clubs who work with children. It is highly recommended and an invaluable tool for anyone who spends time with children. The Paediatric First Aid & Heartsaver AED Course can save a life!
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED is geared towards anyone involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Including childcare workers, teachers, camp counsellors, etc. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
It is ideal for learners working in Crèches, Montessori’s, Pre-School or National Schools. Paediatric First Aid is essential for employees working in the childcare. It can also benefit parents, grandparents and babysitters. The Paediatric First Aid gives learners the skills and knowledge to provide emergency lifesaving treatments in common emergency situations the course also includes the HeartSaver AED Course. Phoenix STS is an Irish Heart Foundation affiliated Training Site.
If you have any injuries or medical issues that you may be concerned about please discuss them with the course coordinator prior to attending the course as you will be required to complete all elements including the practical skills assessments in order to receive a course completion card (where one is available for the course).
- Preserve life
- Prevent illness or injury from becoming worse
- Relieve pain, if possible
- Promote recovery
- Protect the unconscious
- Learners will be able to confidently deal with an emergency first aid situation involving a child
- Learners will be able to administer appropriate first aid treatment to a child
- Learners will be able to know what to do & what not to do in the event of an emergency
Who Should Attend This Course?
- This course is specifically designed for those staff or individuals with an interest in, working with or caring for children or those under the age of 14 years.
- English is the language in which training is delivered, and learners must have fluency in English
- Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Illnesses and Injuries
- Controlling Bleeding and Bandaging
- Using a Tourniquet
- Internal bleeding
- Burns and electrical injuries
- Allergic Reactions
- Using an epinephrine pen
- Breathing problems
- Diabetes and low blood sugar
- Heat-related emergencies
- Cold-related emergencies
- Bites and stings
- Broken bones and sprains
- Eye injuries
- Bleeding from the nose
- Head, neck, and spine Injuries
- Penetrating and puncturing injuries
- Poison emergencies
- Mouth and cheek injuries
- Tooth injuries
CPR AED and choking: CPR and AED Use for Adults, Children and Infants, Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
All our tutors hold a minimum QQI Level 8 in their subject matter, a Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 or higher and are experienced instructors
The course is facilitated by an instructor who will guide you through the course with an interactive DVD that allows you to Practice-While-Watching
During the course learners will be continually assessed by the instructor. In the final assessment learners will be presented with a complete First Aid, CPR & AED scenario which they must respond to. The learner must complete all necessary steps to complete the course successfully.
2 Years American Heart Association Certification (Recognised Internationally)
Maximum Number of Learners