Disability Services Fire Safety Awareness
The Disability Services Fire Safety Awareness Course will provide learners with the knowledge on the procedures to be followed in a Community Based Dwellings in the event of an outbreak of fire. This course can be tailored to include Evacuation Aid training. We also include Service Users in this training.
The course is conducted in accordance with;
- Code of Practice for Fire Safety in Community-Dwelling Houses 2017
- Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults)with Disabilities) Regulations 2013
- Fire Services Act 1981 (2003)
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
All staff working in a Community Based Dwellings
- English is the language in which training is delivered, and learners must have fluency in English
- Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements
- Module 1 – Fire safety classroom presentation
- Module 2 – Practical use of fire extinguishers
All our tutors hold a minimum QQI Level 8 in their subject matter, a Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 or higher. The tutor working with your staff is experienced in fire safety and will detail all the essential duties and roles of staff.
- Classroom-based power-point presentation
- Demonstration and practice
The course assesses learners in the correct selection and use of fire extinguishers and the procedures taken in fire emergencies.
3 hours with Evacuation Aid training included.