Easy to use colour coded cross straps keep the patient or resident securely wrapped with their body weight held in place; this helps to make the movement of the Bariatric EvacMat more stable. Due to its many ladder handles the personnel involved can adopt and keep a good working posture, reducing the risk of injury to themselves.
It’s tough; slippery Polyethylene baseboard allows it to be moved easily over indoor and outdoor surfaces for horizontal and vertical evacuation.
- Beware of imitations or equipment that has not received third party certification; you cannot afford your evacuation aid to fail when in use.
- The genuine Bariatric EvacMat is fitted with seat-belt style IMMI buckles.
- When considering the selection of an evacuation aid, it is also essential to determine the particular risks that staff may encounter utilising such equipment.
- This includes pulling handles that are too short for staff to move safely, particularly when descending stairs.
- Another critical element of an evacuation aid is its construction method; you need to be confident that the device you have chosen is robust, and offers protection to the patient or resident when they are being evacuated.
A product information DVD is available; it is not intended to substitute for training as no DVD can correct handling errors or bad habits.
Certified training is also available on this product: Evacuation Aid Training Course.
Phoenix STS is the only company in Ireland authorised to deliver “train the trainer” courses on the use of the Bariatric EvacMat.
Since the changes to the Fire Services Act 1981 in 2003, the Fire Service is no longer obliged to provide a “complete evacuation service” for premises, thus placing the onus upon the business owner and changes in the ‘Disability Act’ – which now states that everyone must have the same right of evacuation in an emergency.