Easy to use colour coded cross straps keep the casualty securely wrapped with their body weight held in place, this helps to make the movement of the EMS Bariatric EvacMat more stable.
Due to its many ladder handles the personnel involved can adopt and keep a good working posture, reducing the risk of injury to themselves, whilst colour coded anchor points give the option for the use of ropes, enabling extra control where needed.
The EMS Bariatric EvacMat has many additions not available on the standard EvacMat. These include colour coded handles and anchor points, extra (loose) ladder handles which can be attached to the many anchor points, low and high positioning handles and a slide sheet for ease of transfer.
A two-piece replaceable sliding baseboard makes the EMS Bariatric EvacMat harder wearing and longer-lasting. Simultaneously, a smart internal pocket allows for a long spinal board insertion, for excellent stability and patient comfort.
Additional accessories available separately include replacement outer sliding board, waterproof hood, slide sheets and casualty handling slings.
- Beware of imitations or equipment that has not received third party certification; you cannot afford your evacuation aid to fail when in use.
- The genuine EMS Bariatric EvacMat is fitted with seat-belt style IMMI buckles.
- When considering the selection of an evacuation aid, it is also essential to determine the particular risks that rescuers may encounter utilising such equipment.
- This includes pulling handles that are too short for rescuers to move safely, particularly when descending stairs.
- Another critical element of an evacuation aid is its construction method; you need to be confident that the device you have chosen is robust, and offers protection to the casualty when they are being evacuated.
Phoenix STS is the only company in Ireland authorised to deliver “train the trainer” courses on the use of the EMS Bariatric EvacMat.