The Heartsaver CPR AED Online Course is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver CPR AED Blended Learning Course and teaches information needed for CPR AED training. Upon completion of the online portion, learners must complete a hands-on session with an Irish Heart Foundation Instructor. The skills learned in this course will help you recognise cardiac arrest, get emergency care on the way quickly, and help a person until emergency medical services arrive.
The AED Online Course has been updated to reflect new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC. The programme combines an online e-learning module with a practical hands-on skills training session followed by an assessment with a Heartsaver AHA instructor. Phoenix STS is an approved training site for the IHF. We train with the ZOLL AED 3 trainer to give you real-life training experience.
Who should take this course?
The Heartsaver AED online course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who could help to save a life and may need a recognised course completion card in the use of an AED.
Course Completion Card and Certificate
- A certificate of completion is available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- For greater success, it is recommended that the hands-on skills session be conducted shortly after completing the online portion
- Upon successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions of the course, learners will receive a Heartsaver AED course completion card (print or eCard), valid for two (2) years
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.
The duration is approximately 2 hours our price includes your practical assessment in our training centre. For a full list of all of our online courses, please click here