Working Safely Online Course
Working safely is in the interest and concern of all staff, both employers and employees. Health and safety are one of the few areas where the law places specific duties specifically on employees so knowledge of where this applies and how to ensure that it is adhered to is vital to protect individuals and businesses. The course covers a wide range of topics including fire safety, asbestos awareness, working at height, COSHH, PPE and electricity. It also covers schemes for improving safety performance and methods of protecting the environment.
Approved by RoSPA & IIRSM – Duration 150 mins* – €55.00
This course lasts around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
This course is approved by RoSPA & IIRSM.
The Working Safely course provides basic training for workers and managers to understand their roles and responsibilities in relation to health and safety at work. The course provides a broad awareness of key principals in relation to:
– Fire safety – sources of ignition, what to do if they find a fire, safe evacuation procedures
– Hazardous substances and materials – what may be used in the workplace, the need to display relevant information, the importance of appropriate storage and monitoring regimes
– Working at height – what is defined as working at height, how to avoid working at height where possible, risk assessments and mitigations
– Utilities including electricity – an awareness of the concepts of checking equipment for wear and tear and avoiding overloading electrical supplies
– Steps which they can take to protect themselves, including risk assessments, safe systems of work and the use of appropriate personal protective equipment
– How and when to report an accident or incident.