Working in Confined Spaces
This course will cover the legislation associated with working in confined spaces. What constitutes a confined space, the potential hazards, safe operating procedures, and emergency procedures and rescue. Important note: This is an awareness course only, designed for people who need to be aware of the hazards and risks of confined space working but are not required to enter a confined space. If you are required to perform any work activity in, or in the proximity of, a confined space then you will also need to have an ‘approved’ standard of practical training at the ‘appropriate’ level.
Approved by IIRSM – Duration 25 mins* – €30.00
This course lasts around 25 minutes.
This course is approved by IIRSM and covers all the principals and safety measures required for a person to work in confined spaces including:
– What is considered working in a confined space and the applicable legislation
– Understanding the dangers of working in confined spaces
– How to undertake a risk assessment prior to working in a confined space and what safety issues need to be considered
– How to determine the necessary control measures which need to be in place
– What the relevant safety equipment options are and when/how to use them
– The importance of following this guidance to prevent accidents and avoid injuries while working in confined spaces.