Prevent Duty Online Course
This course starts with an overview of the Government’s Prevent strategy and then looks at some of the reasons people become extremists. It goes on to cover the objectives of the Prevent strategy, how to base your actions on a risk-based approach, what to do if you are concerned and much more.
Approved by CPD – Duration 65 mins* – €24.00
- Additional Info
This course discusses the local government’s recommendations on how to avoid or notice the signs that someone has extremist tendencies. This course meets nationally approved standards.
The purpose of this course is to reduce the threat or terrorism by how you can stop someone from becoming terrorists or supporting them.
This course covers:
- What is meant by prevention
- What is extremism and radicalisation
- How people can be drawn into terrorism
- The role of social media and the internet
- What you must do to comply with the Prevent duty act
- How to report any concerns you may have about someone