Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
This course will consider what conflict is as well as its impact and role in the workplace. We will consider some of the triggers for workplace conflict and how it develops before looking at a number of different ways of managing it.
Approved by CPD – Duration 45 mins* – €30.00
This Conflict Resolution in the Workplace Course is designed to train delegates on how to prevent and handle conflicts that occur in their workplace. We explore the common causes and symptoms of conflict, how to carry out a conflict risk assessment, various methods to prevent conflicts, and methods for handling confrontations through to conflict resolution.
Conflicts can happen in any business or organisation, large or small, public or private. It can occur between staff, or with a customer or patient, or even between different groups of people.
Once working relationships have become damaged, it can be very difficult to repair those conflicts back to their former position. Conflicts of a serious enough nature, especially with customers or patients can even damage an organisation’s external reputation, which is why conflict resolution and ideally, prior intervention, is an essential skill to have within the business.
This Conflict Resolution in the Workplace Course will cover the following:
- Explore the different general causes of conflict within the workplace.
- Identify those at risk of conflict and the potential impact to them.
- Understand the legal requirements relating to conflict management.
- Be confident to carry out conflict risk assessments.
- Be familiar with the various strategies to prevent conflicts within the workplace.
- Have a solid understanding of the various forms of dispute resolution such as mediation.
If you require support to carry out a review and update of your organisation’s conflict resolution requirements or require further information on our Conflict Resolution in the Workplace Course, please contact a member of our team at Phoenix STS Ltd