Fire Safety Risk Assessments
Phoenix STS have qualified and experienced Fire Safety Consultants to help you with your fire safety requirements. Our fire safety consultant will visit your workplace, review your fire safety documentation and organisational arrangements. We will complete a fire safety risk assessment taking into consideration the occupancy type, activities in the building, building layout, equipment and processes, and a number of occupants.
Our Fire Safety Consultants can act as a ‘competent persons’ and work with staff in your organisation to ensure that there is excellent awareness of fire safety, controls and management of fire safety, and active recommendations in place appropriate to the nature of your business.
Steps to Fire Safety Risk Assessments;
- The first step of a fire safety risk assessment is to identify all of the fire hazards in your workplace
- Identify the people at risk
- Review means of escape and disabled egress (escape routes)
- Review internal and external fire spread risks
- Review smoke control systems
- Review the storages and use of flammable, explosive or potentially explosive materials
- Review fire detection & alarm systems
- Review emergency lighting (escape lighting)
- Review firefighting equipment
- Review fire safety signs
- Review access and facilities for the fire service
- Review emergency plans and fire safety register
- Review fire safety management system
- Review employee fire safety training
- Evaluate the hazards and risks
- Record our findings
- Prepare a fire safety audit report with clear recommendations
On completion of the fire safety audit, you will be presented with a fire safety audit report. This report will highlight non-compliance with building regulations or fire safety legislation. Also, highlight where fire safety training is required to ensure compliance, including a prioritised action plan for implementation in order to ensure compliance with fire safety legislation, guidance and best practice.